Friday 18 December 2009

The Salzburg Tales (Stead)

We are off on holiday today, and as we will be flying into Salzburg airport, it seemed appropriate to get out The Salzburg Tales by Christina Stead.

It is a book of stories about a set of characters who arrive in Salzburg in August 1930 for the festival. The back of the book compares it to The Canterbury Tales. So I hope it will keep me occupied if we have a delay on the way home.

I'll be back in the New Year reading more Viragos - I plan to read Nightingale Wood over the holidays, but otherwise to have a bit of a break from the green covers. Hope you'll continue to join me on

4 comments:

  1. Appropriately-themed reading!

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought about 8 VMCs at a used bookstore the other day. Quite a find! Made me think of you.

    ReplyDelete