I posted about my most recent haul of VMC books last Saturday; unfortunately I took the pictures and wrote the post on Thursday before we went away and it was already out of date, because these two books had arrived:
* The getting of wisdom (Henry Handel Richardson) in my first Dial Press edition. I've already read and reviewed this one!
* The third Mrs Symons (F.M. Mayor), another part of my Waterstones.com order which is slowly trickling in.
On Monday, I took a detour via the original Oxfam bookshop on my way home from work and picked up these two books, which I have already managed to read and review.
* Her son's wife (Dorothy Canfield)
* The vicar's daughter (E.H. Young)
And arrivals from ebay/Amazon.co.uk include:
* The Salzburg tales (Christina Stead). I love Austria, and we're going there for Christmas, so I may take that along to occupy myself in Salzburg airport.
* Some tame gazelle (Pym). A lovely new VMC, to replace my other edition.
* The squire (Enid Bagnold)
*Music upstairs (Shena Mackay)
* Birds on the trees (Bawden)
* She done him wrong (West)
My VMC TBR shelf is now getting pretty full:
I am seriously considering the need for more shelves to arrange my books more satisfactorily, but we just don't seem to have any wall space at the moment.