Friday 24 July 2009

Antonia White postscript: As once in May VMC 367

I mentioned in my earlier post about Antonia White that I had read her autobiography. Unfortunately I forgot that this was VMC too, and it was only when I espied it in Oxfam at lunchtime yesterday that I realised my error. To atone, I bought it. It only seems to have been published once by Virago, with the cover below.

It is fragments of unpublished writing and her early autobiography and is definitely worth a read if you are an Antonia White fan - it's interesting to see how her life relates to the quartet of novels.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this Virago. I'll have to hunt it down. I stumbled upon your site recently. What a challenge! You have to check the virago group in LT. It's a wonderful forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping in - it is a wonderful challenge, and once I get things under control I will be popping into the LT group.

    ReplyDelete