Tuesday 12 October 2010

A gift of Jane Austen

More apologies for being so bad at keeping this blog up to date, which is completely unacceptable when readers are sending me their duplicates! I recieved a couple of weeks ago now, these two lovely Jane Austen Virago Modern Classics from LE at Pots and Pens (a lovely blog linking cooking to books). I was particularly excited, as I wrote about these early on in my VMC challenge as I had read them long ago, in other editions, but I'd never actually seen the green versions. They're a little different to other recognisable VMCs, but how nice to own Jane Austen Virago style.

I shall endeavour to catch up with the two reviews I have to do - I'm struggling a little bit as my work computer where the only up to date copy of my VMC master spreadsheet was saved caught a virus ten days ago, my profile had to be rebuilt and I lost EVERYTHING that was saved to my desktop and not in a network file. Thank goodness I've been tagging the blog posts so when I have a little free time, I may be able to resurrect it. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you back and I'm glad you like the austens! I'm so sorry to hear about your computer, it sounds like a nightmare. I'm going to start reading more of my vmcs for my own blog hopefully soon. If I mention one you havn't got just drop me a line and I'll be happy to lend them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great news is that IT managed to restore that file and the spreadsheet containing the list of books that I've read since 2003. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete